Friday, November 30, 2012

Sordo - "Tactical Precision Violence" Review

Every once and a while, a record comes and graces my ears, and just gets everything right. The newest EP from Sordo, their vinyl debut, is one of the most perfect records I've heard all year. Beware those who enter this review, because I am going to splooge so many words of praise in here, it might get stupid. You know what else is stupid, this record. It's stupidly awesome. You all know I'm a huge fan of bass/drum bands; give me a destructive bass tone, some blast beats, and I'm pretty much always good. Sordo get all the things I love about bands like this down to a science. For a guy like me, it was deep, passionate love at first listen. It also helps that Sordo know how to write a good ass song! There are catchy riffs all over this record. Riffs that are as pulverizing as they are groovy. These jams get me excited as hell, I threw down to this record at work. No shit. But, these songs wouldn't have nearly the same impact if the recording was as absolutely disgusting as it is. I don't think I could have asked for a better recording. The drums are booming! The snare, the kick drum, toms, every hit just reaches out and thwacks you in the face. Absolutely sick bass tone too, total low-end annihilation. When Sordo goes into full blast mode, it sounds like mountains collapsing. I also get to play one of my favorite games when I listen to this record; "Name That Sample"! If you're not into samples, this might annoy you, honestly. Nearly every song has one. And if I did have ONE complaint, it's that the "Hobo With A Shotgun" sample on "Skull Stomp" goes on for way too long. I didn't have any problem with any of the others though (I also recognized "Dumb and Dumber", "They Live", and "Spongebob Squarepants"). ERRRRGGGG, this is just too good. So good. It's good. No, it's great. It's amazing. Buy it. NOW! Pick it up from Nice Dreams Records, and do it fast, they definitely won't last long.



Rating: 9.6/10

~VII


No comments:

Post a Comment