Friday, September 16, 2011

ACxDC-The Second Coming


The new ACXDC is now available for your listening pleasure on Bandcamp! I have had this EP on repeat for a few days and it totally rules. It has gotten better with every listen! Almost every song features a sample from a movie, such as The Big Lebowski, Anchorman, The Dark Knight, etc. Sometimes samples get on my nerves, which is one of the reasons why I can't get into a band like Graf Orlock, but they don't bug me at all on "The Second Coming." Everything on this album is great, the vocals rule(I have mentioned before how much I love higher pitched vocals), all the instruments sound really solid too. The music is fast and raw, but the production is still clear enough, and each instrument is audible enough so that everything doesn't sound like one big blur. The lyrics are hilarious too, take the song "T-Shirt Time" for example:

Jersey Shore fucks
In Speedo trunks

Spray on tans
Hair spray and fist pumps

I hope your tanning bed
Gets locked with you inside of it
We have got a grenade
About to blow this situation

Reality television
Feeding bullshit to the children
What your kind is in need of
Plastic surgery with a shotgun

Any song that rips on Jersey Shore that hard is great to me! If you are in the mood to listen to some great tunes check out The Second Coming now!

Listen here
Rating: 7.5/10


~Andrew Lipscomb

5 comments:

  1. beat me to it, I was totally gonna review this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I was very disappointed with this album. It lacks the character of the "He had it coming" EP. But, hey like what you like right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell that they've progressed into a more solid powerviolence sound, from the first album being somewhat sparse and unorganized, albeit still a great album, to this album. It's easy to notice that they've taken time and ques from other great bands in the scene. I love this album. It's more than what I expected, Sergio's vocals seem a bit tuned down from the their previous EP, but that's just fine, as it works completely well with the dry crunch of the guitar. I always, and will continue to refer people to ACxDC, they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can you get a copy?

    ReplyDelete