Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th; The Day Deep Six Releases A Bunch Of Stuff

Deep Six, one of the best american hardcore/grind labels in the history of ever (fact), is dropping five hot hot records today! I'm sure you've all collectively gotten your underpants moist with excitement about the Weekend Nachos/Lack of Interest split. And why shouldn't you? It's a pairing of on of the best in modern hardcore, and one of the best in west coast powerviolence. Five tracks from each band on a 45 RPM piece of wax. The people who pre-ordered the record are getting green vinyl, limited to 100. I'm not sure how many are on black. I can't wait to spin this bad boy, and if you've ever wanted to see on of the members of Weekend Nachos deep, dark ass crack, you're in for a treat when you see the inside of the record sleeve.


Fans of fastcore should be all up on this Sidetracked/Self Inflicted split 7". Sidetracked are by far one of the best fastcore bands going right now, and anything Jay and co. put out is definitely going to be checked out by me. I haven't heard Self Inflicted, but I'm expecting awesomeness. 


Landmine Marathon are also putting out a self titled, 2-track 7" as well. I honestly haven't paid much attention at all to this band, but they seem like solid, semi-melodic death metal with a beastly lead singer (the only reason magazines like Revolver pay attention to them). I might check it out down the road. That cover art is done by Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit fame, by the way. 


This next 7" is a mysterious one. It's from a band called To The Point, who I've never heard of before. It's a one-sided 7", and Deep Six advertises it as sounding like Neanderthal and Septic Death, with powerviolence vocals. I also think that Chris Dodge might be involved, somehow. I'm really not sure, but this thing is limited to 100 copies, so buy or cry. Maybe. 


Lastly is a CD from a band called Cold War. I've never heard of them before, and the cover art is not leaving a good impression. It's supposed to be thrash/hardcore stuff, which is very hit-or-miss with me. 


~VII

1 comment:

  1. SO HEAVY GOD CAN'T LIFT IT........
    https://www.facebook.com/tothepointlosangeles

    ReplyDelete