Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Music Round-up: Suffering Mind, ACxDC, To The Point

People who haven't "liked" the Suffering Mind Facebook page should seriously stop what they're doing and do that right now. If you're like me, an über-fan, getting updates from their page every day about what new split they're working on, or recording, is like Christmas every day. The bands latest gifts to the grind world are 4 new songs, coming from their upcoming split 7"s with N.I.B.I.R.U. and Archagathus. I knew about the N.I.B.I.R.U. split (which I think was originally going to be on an 8" record, and is now coming out on Haunted Hotel Records), but the Archagathus split has seemingly come out of nowhere, and I couldn't be more excited to have these two bands paired up. Solid songs from both splits, give em a listen. And check their facebook page for daily updates.





Next up is a brand new track from westcoast violence grinders, ACxDC, from their upcoming split with To The Point! I say pretty often that that their are "best splits of the year" when I hear about them, and you can definitely add this one to the list, because this split will be fucking incredible. They've put two songs from their split on their bandcamp page, entitled "Fiction Monger" and  Bone Claw". Each one keeps their super sharp sound, but the grindcore influence has taken a step back for a more direct powerviolence attack. Longer slower parts, and a more shouted vocal delivery. Maybe due to who their splitting with? Who knows. Who cares? These songs rock.



And speaking of To The Point, they also have just put up a new song from their split with ACxDC! Neato, right? This track that the cavemen have grunted out to pleasure our ears takes a stab at the curious phenomenon of people taking photo's of their food. The track's title; "Photos Of My Food". Brilliant. The track is short and sweet, and knowing them, there will probably be about 8 more tracks to round everything out. Unstoppable band, as you all should know by now (they did release one of the best records of 2012 after all. Fact).


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment