Monday, February 4, 2013

Bandcamp Artist Of The Week: Snips


A neat little way to get me to check out your record; have interesting a unique artwork. That's what caught my attention right of the bat with this recent Grindcore Karaoke release. Snips, from what I can gather, is a 2-man cybergrind project from Leicester, England, and that this EP, entitled "Blow The Motherload", is actually over 3 years old. Which I was actually pretty surprised about since one of the first bands that I compared Snips to was +HIRS+, especially with the vocals. There's also a nice mix of early Agoraphobic Nosebleed, and even a little screamo influence thrown in for good measure. Solid drum programming, interesting riffs, and a few very fitting synth parts pop up in the middle. This is a very short release, only barely passing 3 minutes, and I didn't hear one dull moment. These guys should definitely do more stuff, I'd like to hear what they come up with.



~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment