Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coke Bust-Degradation E.P.



Coke Bust are a great hardcore band from Washington, D.C. I discovered them after hearing that Chris Moore from Magrudergrind is their drummer. I love Chris' drumming so I decided to buy "Degradation" and I can honestly say that I wasn't disappointed. With six songs coming in at 5 minutes this is a great introduction to Coke Bust, and "Degradation" leaves me wanting more. The first track starts off with some feedback, but then the blastbeats burst in and the song comes in at full force. "Degradation" continues at this lightning fast paced, powerviolence influenced hardcore sound until the slowed down, "Deathbed". My only complaint about this e.p. is that it is very short and seems to end just as it starts. Overall, I really like "Degradation" and I can't wait to hear more from Coke Bust.

My copy came on black vinyl and included a download card. I also really love the packaging of this 7" and I think that the lyrics are presented in a great way.
Coke Bust:Official Website, Myspace, Facebook

~Andrew Lipscomb



8 comments:

  1. damn. here i am in dc and i still haven't gotten off my ass on coke bust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really like them. You should definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool band and very good blog!
    A Spazz review in the first posts is surely a very good start, so keep up the good work!

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks man, your blog is really awesome also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. but you have a HIS MAJESTY chris dodge comment on your blog, you'll surely be super proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. eheheheh just added you on facebook ;)

    ReplyDelete